This is me back in Bali nearly a year ago. What I’m wearing: baggy pants and a fringed tank top with an owl on it. What I’m not wearing: makeup. My braids are messy. Footwear consisted of foam flip flops on a daily basis. I went out in public looking like that and I didn’t think twice about it.
I haven’t updated in a while. I’m doing quite well but I’ve been busy and a lot has happened! Let’s go to the bullets.
- I left Mexico 10 days earlier than expected. I didn’t make it to Sayulita and Puerto Vallarta. Due to some drug cartel violence and blockades around Guadalajara, I decided to cut my trip short and head home. I think I was pretty much ready at that point anyway.
- I stopped in Los Angeles on the way to visit friends.
- I flew home!
- I started applying for jobs while I was still in Mexico. I lined up a few interviews pretty quickly, including one a few hours after my flight got in.
- One of those interviews worked out and as of a week ago, I am back among the employed.
- I bought a nice used car.
- I am enjoying the amenities of Northern California: great wine, cheese, every kind of cuisine, and my own bed.
I would like to get back to this blog eventually and write about something other than hostels and bus rides but for now, I’m letting myself relax. I hope everyone out there (all five of you who read this) is having a nice day as well.
“I got in the pool after midnight to sober up…but then I kept drinking.”
“Speaking of swizzle sticks…”
Just selection of quotables from Telchac Puerto.
¡Hola, amigos! I’m currently hanging out on Isla Mujeres but I’ve been bouncing all over Quintana Roo and Yucatan since Tulum.
Tulum was a place I thought I’d love and while I’m enjoying it, I’m not planning on searching for an apartment and staying a while. Which is good, because I think I already mentioned winding this trip down. That’s official now: I have a flight home booked. But I still have some time left in Mexico and a few more places to explore.
First, let’s review Tulum.